Artichokes are so versatile to use. You can grill it, fry it (a favorite) or you can make it into soup. This recipe uses artichokes with lemon for a soup that is full of flavor. It makes a good side dish, or can be enjoyed as a meal in itself.
What you need
- Butter, 2 oz.
- Lemon, halved, 1 pc.
- Garlic, minced, 1 clove
- Carrots, minced, 4 oz.
- Onion, minced, 4 oz.
- Celery minced 4 oz.
- Artichoke hearts, chopped, 16 oz.
- Chicken broth, 24 oz.
- Salt, 1 tsp.
- Black pepper, ground, 1 tsp.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat;
- When melted, add in the onion, carrot, celery and garlic;
- Cook until the onion and garlic seem translucent;
- Pour in the chicken broth and the artichoke hearts;
- Season with salt and pepper and let it simmer for 10 minutes;
- Cool it for a bit, then transfer to a b...